Topical Negative Wound Pressure Therapy: Its Uses in Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 743 Downloads
The advent of topical negative wound pressure (TNWP) has revolutionised the treatment of wound care since its introduction in the 1990s. Its use has increased dramatically. It has been shown to enhance healing and decrease the length of hospital stay. Economic benefits include the ability to manage more complex wounds in the community setting.
KeywordsNegative wound pressure Wounds Dressings
- Edwards D, Bourke N, Murdoch J, Verma S. Using portable, single-use, canister free, negative-pressure wound therapy for plastic surgery wounds. Wounds UK. 2018;14(3):56–62.Google Scholar
- Gray D, Russell F, Timmons J, Cooper P. Best practice statement: Gauze-based negative pressure wound therapy. Aberdeen: Wounds UK; 2008.Google Scholar
- Havard D, Weston C. A snapshot of England’s tissue viability services. Wounds UK. 2007;3(2):13–9.Google Scholar
- Henderson V, Timmons J, Hurd T, Deroo K, Maloney S, Sabo S. NPWT in everyday practice made easy. Wounds International; 2010:1(5). Available from http://www.woundsinternational.com. Accessed 11/01/2019.
- Jeffrey SL. Advanced wound therapies in the management of severe military lower limb trauma: a new perspective. Eplasty. 2009;9:e28.Google Scholar
- Narayan N, Edwards D, Ragoowansi R. Glove and PICO: a novel technique for treatment of chronic wound due to osteomyelitis of the hand. BMJ Case Rep. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2013-202780.
- Stone C. Plastic Surgery Facts. London: Greenwich Media; 2001.Google Scholar
- Association for the Advancement of Wound Care. www.awconline.org
- ePlasty: Open Access Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. www.eplasty.com
- European Wound Management Association. www.ewma.org
- Internet Resources. www.aftertrauma.org/symptons-and-difficulties-after-trauma/woundmanagement
- Journal of Wound Care. www.journalofwoundcare.com
- World Wide Wounds. www.worldwidewounds.com
- Wounds International. www.woundsinternational.com
- Wounds UK. www.wounds-uk.com