Operation of Restructured Power Systems
There has been a world-wide trend towards restructuring and deregulation of the power industry over the last decade. The competition in the wholesale generation market and the retail market together with the open access to the transmission network can bring many benefits to the end consumers, such as lower electricity prices and better services. However, this competition also brings many new technical issues and challenges to the operation of restructured power systems. In recent years there have been many publications [1–4] devoted to the regulation and policy issues of establishing markets for electricity. This book will focus on the development of computational tools for effectively and efficiently operating such restructured systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F.C. Schweppe, M.C. Caramanis, R.D. Tabors, and R.E. Bohn: “Spot Pricing of Electricity” (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1988 )Google Scholar
- M. Ilic, F. Galiana, and L. Fink: “Power System Restructuring: Engineering and Economics” (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998 )Google Scholar
- M. Einhorn, and R. Siddiqui: “Electricity Transmission Pricing and Technology” (Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996 )Google Scholar
- S. Stoft: “Power Systems Economics”, IEEE and Wiley-Interscience, 2002Google Scholar
- K. Bhattacharya, M. Bollen, and J.E. Daalder: “Operation of restructured Power Systems”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001Google Scholar
- M. Shahidiehpour, H. Yamin, and Z. Li: “Market Operations in Electric Power Systems”, IEEE and Wiley-Interscience, 2002Google Scholar
- Y.H. Song: “Modern Optimisation Techniques in Power Systems”(Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999)Google Scholar
- T.J. Overbye: “Reengineering the Electric Grid”, American Scientist, May-June 2000, pp. 220–229Google Scholar
- S. Hunt, G. Shuttleworth: “Unlocking the Grid”, IEEE Spectrum, July 1996, pp. 20–25Google Scholar
- P.G. Harris: “Impacts of Deregulation on the Electric Power Industry”, IEEE Power Engineering Review, October 2000, pp. 4–6Google Scholar
- Secretary of Energy Advisory Board, U.S. Department of Energy: “Maintain Reliability in a Competitive U.S. Electricity Industry”, September 29, 1998Google Scholar
- F.A. Rahimi, A. Vojdani: “Meet the Emerging Transmission Market Segments”, IEEE Computer Application in Power, January 1999, pp. 26–32Google Scholar
- R. Hakvoort: “Technology and Restructuring the Electricity Market”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Electric Utility DeregulationGoogle Scholar