Development of a Fail-Safe Data Transmission System for use in Life-Critical Applications
It is essential that safe data transmission between systems in a distributed life-critical application occurs in a safe manner. To date this transmission has occurred in a parallel form, however rising material and labour costs have made this method of safe data transmission expensive. In this paper a development of Fail-Safe Data Transmission System (FSDTS), which can be used in these distributed applications, is presented.
KeywordsError Control Convolutional Code Burst Noise IEEE Trans Inform Theory Burst Error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shanmugan KS. Digital and Analog Communication Systems. John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1979, pp 443–504Google Scholar
- 4.Lawrence, Apperley, Auclair et al. “Errors in Digital Transmission Systems”, ORE Report RP5, 1985, pp 1–52Google Scholar
- 6.Reiffen B, Schmidt WG, Yudkin HL. “The Design of an Error-Free Data Transmission System for Telephone Circuits”, AIEE Trans Jul 1961; vol 80, Part 1, pp 224–231Google Scholar
- 7.Lawrence, Apperley, Auclair et al. “On proving the Safety of Transmissions Systems”. ORE Report RP8, Apr 1986, pp 1–62Google Scholar
- 10.Roden MS. Digital and Data Communication Systems, New Jersey, Prentice-Hall Inc 1982, pp 121–159Google Scholar
- 20.Wiggert D. Error Control Coding and Applications, Massachusetts, Artech House, 1975, pp 77–85Google Scholar
- 22.Shanmugan KS. Digital and Analog Communication Systems, New York, John Wiley & Sons, 1979, pp 476–478Google Scholar