GRIGRI: Gesture Recognition on Interactive Graphical Radar Image
GRIGRI is a 2D gesture based HMI (Human Machine Interface) for a future air traffic controller work position. 2D gesture recognition is used to enter commands and values. To evaluate the usability and problems of such a HMI, we have experimented GRIGRI with controllers. We present results of recognition, input time and controller feelings. The experiment demonstrates the real advantages of GRIGRI compared to mouse based HMI and also its current limits. It also gives us clues for future developments.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Amar. Final report. swift report. euret 1. 5. Technical report, Commission of European Union, DG VII, Bruxelles, 1995.Google Scholar
- J. Garron. GRIGRI simulations results. Technical Report CENAJRR95027, CENA, Orly Sud B.P. 205, 95542 ORLY AEROGARE cédex, France, 1995.Google Scholar
- M. Giannacourou and G. Tsotsis. Rules for the anthropometric design. Swift report. euret 1. 5, Commission of European Union, DG VII, Bruxelles, 1994.Google Scholar
- J. P. Labarthe. Initial integration of gesture recognition interface specifica- tions. Technical Report CENA/R95001, CENA, Orly Sud B.P. 205, 95542 ORLYAEROGARE cédex, France, 1995.Google Scholar
- D. H. Rubine. The automatic recognition of gestures. PhD thesis, Carnegie Mellon University, 1991.Google Scholar