The Republic of Liberia was created on the Grain Coast for freed American slaves. In 1822 a settlement was formed near the spot where Monrovia now stands. On 26 July 1847 the state was constituted as the Free and Independent Republic of Liberia.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Daniels, A., Monrovia Mon Amour: a Visit to Liberia. 1992Google Scholar
- Ellis, Stephen, The Mask of Anarchy: The Destruction of Liberia and the Religious Dimension of an African Civil War. 1999Google Scholar
- Sawyer, A., The Emergence of Autocracy in Liberia: Tragedy and Challenge. 1992Google Scholar
- National Statistical Office: The Liberia Institute of Statistics and Geo-Information Services (LISGIS), 9th Street, Sinkor, Monrovia.Google Scholar
- Website: http://www.lisgis.org