Cundinamarca in central Colombia shows evidence of human habitation from 10,500 BC. The central highlands became the stronghold of the Chibcha people from 550 BC, with settlements based on the cultivation of corn, potatoes and beans. Much of the north, including the Caribbean coast, was associated with the Tairona civilization whose stone dwellings and ceremonial sites date from AD 1000.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadística. Boletín de Estadística. Monthly.Google Scholar
- Dudley, Steven, Walking Ghosts: Murder and Guerrilla Politics in Colombia. 2004Google Scholar
- Hylton, Forrest, Evil Hour in Colombia. 2006Google Scholar
- National Statistical Office: Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadística (DANE), AA 80043, Zona Postal 611, Bogotá.Google Scholar
- Website: http://www.dane.gov.co