Cundinamarca in central Colombia shows evidence of human habitation from 10,500 BC. The central highlands became the stronghold of the Chibcha people from 550 BC, with settlements based on the cultivation of corn, potatoes and beans. Much of the north, including the Caribbean coast, was associated with the Tairona civilization whose stone dwellings and ceremonial sites date from AD 1000. Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadística. Boletín de Estadística. Monthly.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Walking Ghosts: Murder and Guerrilla Politics in Colombia Google Scholar
- Evil Hour in Colombia Google Scholar
- Between Legitimacy and Violence: A History of Colombia, 1875–2002 Google Scholar
- Economic Management and Economic Development in Peru and Colombia Google Scholar
- National Statistical Office: Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estadística (DANE), AA 80043, Zona Postal 611, Bogotá.Google Scholar
- Website (limited English): http://www.dane.gov.co