Forensic Computing Training, Certification and Accreditation: An Australian Overview
- 555 Downloads
Training, certification and accreditation are concepts that are used in almost all aspects of professional life. This paper reviews current initiatives in Forensic Computing training and certification in Australia and the effect of this on National Accreditation processes.
KeywordsForensic Computing Training Certification Education
- 1.Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations (SA) 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Beckett, J 2006, Personal communication.Google Scholar
- 3.Meyers, M & Rogers, M 2004, ‘Computer Forensics: The Need for Standardization and Certification’, International Journal of Digital Evidence, vol. 3, no. 2.Google Scholar
- 5.Australian Law Reform Commission 1985, Opinion Evidence, viewed October 2006, <http://22.214.171.124/au/other/alrc/publications/reports/26/Ch_14.html>.
- 6.McDougall, R 2006, Exp ert Evidence, updated 5 March 2006, Supreme Court, NSW, viewed 17 September 2006, http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/Supreme Court/ll sc.nsf/pages/SCO mcdougall130204Google Scholar
- 7.G. Shpantzer & T. Ipsen 2002, ‘Law Enforcement Challenges in Digital Forensics’, paper presented at the Colloquium on Information Systems Security Education.Google Scholar
- 8.Pollit, MM 2005, Digital Forensic Accreditation, Certification and Standards, National Center for Forensic Science, viewed 22 September 2006, <http://www.ncfs.org/dcfb/DFCB101205.ppt>.
- 9.Key Computer Service 2006b, Thank you for your interest in our training, viewed 20 September 2006, <http://www.cce-bootcamp.com/pretest.htm>.
- 10.Gottschalk, L & Liu, J 2005, ‘Computer Forensics Programs in Higher Education: A Preliminary Study’, paper presented at the Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, St Louis, Missouri, USA, Feb 23–27.Google Scholar
- 11.Kuchta, KJ 2001, ‘Learning the Computer Forensic Way’, Information Systems Security, vol. 10, no. 5.Google Scholar
- 12.American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors 2006, Laboratories Accredited by ASCLD/LAB, updated 16 September, 2006, viewed 22 September 2006, <http://www.ascld-lab.org.legacy/aslablegacylabdirectories.html>.
- 13.NATA 2006, The History of the National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia, viewed September 22 2006, <http://www.nata.asn.au/index.cfm?objectid=1D70401C-FB17-96FC-3860E377EF629C43>
- 14.Beckett, J 2005, ‘Forensic Computing Experts, Certification and Categorisation of Roles’, paper presented at the Colloquium for the Information Systems Security Education–Asia Pacific, Adelaide, Australia.Google Scholar
- 15.Barbara, JJ 2004, Digital Evidence Accreditation, viewed 22 September 2006, <http://www.forensicmag.com/articles.asp?pid=28>.