Incremental algorithms in PROF-LP
PROF-LP is a programgenerator system for IBM XT/AT compatible computers. On the basis of an attribute grammar description the system generates a Pascal program which can be considered as the processor of the given specification. PROF-LP can be used for generating one-pass and multi-pass language processors. The generated one-pass processors use LL(1) method for syntactic analysis and L-attribute evaluation strategy. The multi-pass processors use LALR(1) type syntactic parser and OAG attribute evaluation strategy.
The attribute grammar definition can be created in an incremental way as well. In this paper an incremental method for generating LL(1) parsing table is presented. The main advantage of the incremental system is the very fast generation of language processors.
Keywordsattribute grammars incremental parsing software generation
- Aho-Ulmann: The theory of parsing, translation and compiling, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N. J. 1973.Google Scholar
- Bochmann, G.V.: Semantic evaluation from left to right, Comm. ACM 19. 55–62 (1976).Google Scholar
- Gyimothy at al.: An implementation of the HLP, Acta Cybernetica, 6. 3 (1983) 315–327.Google Scholar
- Gyimothy, T. and Toczki, J.: Syntactic pattern recognition in the HLP/PAS system, Acta Cybernetica 8.1. (1987) 79–88.Google Scholar
- Kastens, U.: Ordered attribute grammars, Acta Inf. 13. 229–256 (1981)Google Scholar
- PROFLP User's guide — batch version, HLP-team of the Research Group on Theory of Automata, Rep., draft, Szeged 1986.Google Scholar
- PROFLP User's guide — interactive version, HLP-team of the Research Group on Theory of Automata, Rep., draft, Szeged 1987.Google Scholar
- Toczki et al.: Automatic compiler generation, Proc. of Symp. on Automata, Languages and Pr. Systems, Salgotarjan (1986).Google Scholar