A Parallel Algorithm for 3D Geometry Transformations in OpenGL
- 44 Downloads
We have designed an algorithm which allows the OpenGL geometry transformations to be processed on a multiprocessor system. We have integrated it in Mesa, a 3D graphics library with an API which is very similar to that of OpenGL.We get speedup up to 1.8 for biprocessor without any modification of the application using the library. In this paper we study the issues of our algorithm and how we solve them.
- Gordon Stoll Homan Igehy and Pat Hanrahan. The design of a parallel graphics interface. In Computer Graphics (Proc. SIGGRAPH’ 98), 1998.Google Scholar
- Kurt Akeley Mark Segal. The OpenGL Graphics System: A Specification. Silicon Graphics inc., 1996.Google Scholar
- John S. Montrym, Daniel R. Baum, David L. Dignam, and Christopher J. Migdal. Infinitereality: A real-time graphics system,. In Computer Graphics (1997) Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics), pages 293–302, 1997.Google Scholar
- OPC. Cdrs-04. http://www.specbench.org/gpc/opc.static/cdrs.html, 1999.
- Brian Paul. The mesa 3d-graphic library. http://www.mesa3d.org, Jan 1999.