A Multilevel Algorithm for Spectral Partitioning with Extended Eigen-Models
- 126 Downloads
Parallel solution of irregular problems require solving the graph partitioning problem. The extended eigenproblem appears as the solution of some relaxed formulations of the graph partitioning problem. In this paper, a new subspace algorithm for the solving the extended eigenproblem is presented. The structure of this subspace method allows the incorporation of multigrid preconditioners. We numerically compare our new algorithm with a previous algorithm based on Lanczos iteration and show that our subspace algorithm performs better.
KeywordsSubspace Method Graph Partitioning Lanczos Algorithm Spectral Algorithm Multilevel Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. J. Alpert, T. F. Chan, D. J.-H. Huang, A. B. Kahng, I. L. Markov, P. Mulet, and K. Yan. Faster Minimization of Linear Wirelength for Global Placement. In Proc. Intl. Symposium on Physical Design, 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.R. P. Brent. Algorithms for Minimization without Derivatives. Automatic Computation. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1973.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Hendrickson and R. Leland. The Chaco user’s guide, version 2.0. Technical Report SAND-95-2344, Sandia National Laboratories, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.B. Hendrickson, R. Leland, and R. V. Driessche. Enhancing data locality by using terminal propagation. In Proc. 29th Hawaii Intl. Conf. System Science, volume 16, 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.G. Karypis and V. Kumar. METIS: Unstructured graph partitioning and sparse matrix ordering system Version 2.0. Technical report, Department of Computer Science, University of Minnesota, 1995.Google Scholar