AQUA (Advanced Query User Interface Architecture)
AQUA is an experimental query interface which supports iterative query reFInement. Currently, it can be used as an alternative query interface for NCSTRL (Networked Computer Science Technical Reports Library) and ETRDL (ERCIM Technical Reference Digital Library). As a demonstration for the extensibility of the AQUA user interface paradigm, rating facility has been added to the system.
KeywordsDigital Library Collaborative Filter Query Interface Digital Library System Springer LNCS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Alton-Scheidl, J. Ekhall, O. van Geloven, L. Kovács, A. Micsik, C. Lueg, R. Messnarz, D. Nichols, J. Palme, T. Tholerus, D. Mason, R. Procter, E. Stupazzini, M. Vassali, R. Wheeler: “SELECT: Social and Collaborative Filtering of Web Documents and News”, 5th ERCIM Workshop on “User Interfaces for All”: User-Tailored Information Environments, Dagstuhl, Germany, Nov 28-Dec1 1999Google Scholar
- 2.A. Andreoni, M. B. Baldacci, S. Biagioni, C. Carlesi, D. Castelli, P. Pagano, C. Peters: “Developing a European Technical Reference Library”, Proceedings of Research and Advanced Technology for Digital Libraries, ECDL’99, Paris, France, September 1999, Springer LNCS1696, pp. 343–362Google Scholar
- 5.L. Kovács, A. Micsik, B. Pataki: “Visualizing queries in a distributed digitallibrary system”, Euromicro Workshop on Multimedia and Telecommunications at 26th Euromicro Conference: “Informatics: inventing the future”, Maastricht, the Netherlands, September 5–7 2000Google Scholar
- 6.L. Kovács, A. Micsik: “The Collaborative Web”, ERCIM News No. 41, April 2000, Le Chesnay ISSN 0926-4981, pp. 35–36, URL: http://www.ercim.org/publication/Ercim News/enw41/kovacs.html
- 7.L. Kovács, A. Micsik, B. Pataki: “AQUA: Query Visualization for the NCSTRL Digital Library”, Proceedings of the 4th ACM Conference on Digital Libraries, August 11-14 1999, Berkeley, California, pp. 230–231Google Scholar
- 9.B. M. Leiner: “The NCSTRL Approach to Open Architecture for the Confederated Digital Library”, D-Lib Magazine, December 1998, ISSN 1082-9873, URL: http://www.dlib.org/dlib/december98/leiner/12leiner.html