Dynamo: Dynamic Monitoring of WS-BPEL Processes
Dynamo advocates that pre-deployment validation and testing are intrinsically inadequate for tackling the ephemeral and rapidly changing context in which service oriented applications are deployed. Validation must be shifted to run-time and continuous monitoring must be introduced. We propose a simple architecture that, through specific and simple annotations, allows for the automatic creation of instrumented WS-BPEL processes. These processes interact with a special-purpose proxy that enacts the monitoring activities and permits us to dynamically set the level of monitoring through use of a web-based interface.
KeywordsMonitoring Activity Universal Transverse Mercator Dynamic Monitoring Monitoring Manager Automatic Creation
- 1.XlinkIt: A Consistency Checking and Smart Link Generation Service. ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology, 151–185 (May 2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Baresi, L., Guinea, S.: Towards Dynamic Monitoring of WS-BPEL Processes. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Leavens, G.T., Baker, A.L., Ruby, C.: Preliminary Design of JML: A Behavioral Interface Specification Language for Java. Department of Computer Science, Iowa State University, TR 98-06-rev27 (April 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Oracle. Oracle BPEL Process Manager (2005), http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/bpel/index.html
- 5.IBM T.J. Watson Research Center. The Futuristic Pizza Company Example (2004), http://researchweb.watson.ibm.com