Part of the Economic Studies in Inequality, Social Exclusion and Well-Being book series (EIAP, volume 1)
Should Poverty and Inequality Measures be Combined?
KeywordsPoverty Line Inequality Measure Poverty Measure Deprivation Index Poverty Index
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., “On the Measurement of Poverty,” Econometrica, 1987.Google Scholar
- Bourguignon, François and Gary S. Fields, “Discontinuous Losses from Poverty, Generalized Pα Measures, and Optimal Transfers to the Poor,” Journal of Public Economics, January, 1997.Google Scholar
- Chakraborty, Achin, Prasanta K. Pattanaik, and Yongsheng Xu, “On the Structure of Some Measures of Deprivation,” Working Paper, July, 2002.Google Scholar
- Fields, Gary S., “A Welfare Economic Approach to Growth and Distribution in the Dual Economy,” Ouarterly Journal of Economics, August, 1979.Google Scholar
- Fields, Gary S., Distribution and Development: A New Look at the Developing World. (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press and the Russell Sage Foundation, 2001).Google Scholar
- Fields, Gary S. and John C.H. Fei, “On Inequality Comparisons,” Econometrica, March, 1978.Google Scholar
- Foster, James, “Poverty Indices,” Chapter 3 in this volume.Google Scholar
- Foster, James, Joel Greer, and Erik Thorbecke, “A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures,” Econometrica, May, 1984.Google Scholar
- Foster, James and Amartya K. Sen, “On Economic Inequality After a Quarter Century,” in Amartya K. Sen, On Economic Inequality, Expanded Edition. (New York: Oxford, 1997).Google Scholar
- Hadar, Josef and William Russell, “Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects,” American Economic Review, 1969.Google Scholar
- Jenkins, Stephen and Peter Lambert, “Three I’s of Poverty Curves, with an Analysis of UK Poverty Trends,” Oxford Economic Papers, July, 1997.Google Scholar
- Ravallion, Martin, Poverty Comparisons. (Chur, Switzerland: Harwood Academic Publishers, 1984).Google Scholar
- Saposnik, R., “Rank Dominance in Income Distributions,” Public Choice, 1981.Google Scholar
- Sen, Amartya K., “Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement,” Econometrica, 1976.Google Scholar
- Shorrocks, Anthony F., “Ranking Income Distributions,” Economica, 1983.Google Scholar
- Shorrocks, Anthony F., “Deprivation Profiles and Deprivation Indices,” in Stephen P. Jenkins, Arie Kapteyn, and Bernard M.S. van Praag, eds., The Distribution of Welfare and Household Production. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006