Reflections on Statistical Methods or Complex Stochastic Systems
Remembering conversations with Sidney Yakowitz on statistical methods for stochastic systems, the author reflects on the difficulties of such methods and describes several specific problems on which he and his students have worked.
Keywordsstatistical methods for stochastic systems computer experimental methods
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Neuts, M.F. (1992). Models based on the Markovian arrival processes. IEICE Transactions On Communications, E75-B(12):1255–65.Google Scholar
- Neuts, M.F. (1994). The Palm measure of a poissonified stationary point process. In Ramón Gutierrez and Mariano J. Valderrama, editors, Selected Topics on Stochastic Modelling, pages 26–40. Singapore: World Scientific.Google Scholar
- Neuts, M.F. (1997). Probability Modelling in the Computer Age. Keynote address, International Conference, Stochastic and Numerical Modelling and Applications, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India.Google Scholar
- Neuts, M.F. (1998). Some promising directions in algorithmic probability. In Attahiru S. Alfa and Srinivas R. Chakravarthy, editors, Advances in Matrix Analytic Methods for Stochastic Models, pages 429–443. Neshanic Station, NJ: Notable Publications, Inc.Google Scholar
- Rauschenberg, D.E. (1994). Computer-Graphical Exploration of Large Data Sets from Teletraffic. PhD thesis, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona.Google Scholar
- Widjaja, I., M. F. Neuts, and J-M. Li. (1996). Conditional Overflow Probability and Profile Curve for ATM Congestion Detection. IEEE.Google Scholar