Is Zinc Essential to Modulate Insulin Sensitivity?
- 20 Downloads
KeywordsInsulin Activity Zinc Supplementation Zinc Status Prediabetic State Zinc Depletion
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Araki, E, Murakimi, T., Shirotani, T., Kanai, F., Shinohara, Y., Shimada, F., Mori, M., Shichiri, M., and Ebina, Y., 1991, A cluster of four Sp1 binding sites required for efficient expression of the human insulin receptor gene. J. Biol. Chem. 6:3944–3948.Google Scholar
- Bouvard, S., Faure, P., Roucard, C, Favier, A., Halimi, S. Zinc protects HeLa Wild and HeLa-Tat cultured cell lines from the glucose induced cytotoxicity, Biochem J, In press. Brand, I.A., Heinickel, A., 1991, Key enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism as target of the 11.5 KDA Zn(2+)-binding protein (parathymosin), J Biol Chem, 266:20984–20989.Google Scholar
- Cooper S.J., Leonard, G.A., McSweeney, S.M., Thompson, A.W., Naismith, J.H., Qamar, S., Plater, A., Berry, A., and Hunter, W.N., 1996, The crystal structure of a class II fructose 1–6-biphosphate aldolase shows a nevel binuclear metal-binding active site embedded in a familiar fild. Structure. 4:1303–1315.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Faure, P., Roussel, A.M., Martini, M., Favier, A., and Halimi, S., 1991, Insulin-sensitivity in zinc depleted rats: Assessment with the euglycemic hyperinsulinic clamp technique. Diab. Metab 17:325–331.Google Scholar
- Faure, P., Benhamou, P.Y., Perard, A., Halimi, S., and Roussel, A., 1995a, Lipid peroxidation in insulin dependant diabetic patients with early retinal degenerative lesions: effects of an oral Zn supplementation, Eur J ClinNutr, 49:282–288.Google Scholar
- Faure, P., Bouvard, S., Rossini, E., Favier, A., and Halimi, S., 1999a, High vitamin E amount leads to a modification of zinc and copper tissue distribution in high fructose-fed rats exhibiting an insulin resistance, Trace Elem Electrol, 16:26–32Google Scholar
- Forman, H.J., Liu, R.M., and Shi, M.M., 1996, Glutathione synthesis in oxidative stress. In Biothiols in health and disease. Packer L, Cadenas E, Eds. NY, p 189–210.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 2002