About this book
"An important contribution to the burgeoning literature extolling the virtues of forest complexity. As a compendium of the literature on forest heterogeneity alone, this book is an indispensable reference for scholars and practitioners of ecological forest management."
Gregory H. Aplet, Senior Science Director, The Wilderness Society
"Ecology and Recovery of Eastern Old-Growth Forests is extremely timely and hugely important. Old-growth forests are quickly disappearing, and global changes mandate that we find new approaches to manage them. Succinctly written by prominent American and Canadian scientists, this book is a must-read for forest professionals and enthusiastic forest lovers everywhere."
Christian Messier, Professor of Forest Ecology, Université du Québec à Montréal and Université du Québec en Outaouais
Jerry F. Franklin, Professor Emeritus, University of Washington
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.5822/978-1-61091-891-6
- Copyright Information Andrew M. Barton and William S. Keeton. 2018
- Publisher Name Island Press, Washington, DC
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-61091-991-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-61091-891-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors