About this book
Public transit is a powerful tool for addressing a huge range of urban problems, including traffic congestion, economic development, and climate change. While many people support transit in the abstract, it is often difficult to channel that support into good public transit investments.
In Human Transit, Jarrett Walker explains the fundamental geometry of transit that shapes successful systems, the process for fitting technology to a particular community, and the local choices that lead to transit-friendly development. Whether you are in the field or a concerned citizen, this accessible guide to achieving successful public transit will help you to enrich any community.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.5822/978-1-61091-174-0
- Copyright Information Jarrett Walker 2012
- Publisher Name Island Press, Washington, DC
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Online ISBN 978-1-61091-174-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Finance, Business & Banking
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Energy, Utilities & Environment
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences