Table of contents
About this book
In this book we develop powerful techniques based on formal methods for the verification of correctness, consistency and safety properties related to dynamic reconfiguration and communication in complex distributed systems. In particular, static analysis techniques based on types and type systems are an adequate methodology considering their success in guaranteeing not only basic safety properties, but also more sophisticated ones like deadlock or lock freedom in concurrent settings.
The main contributions of this book are twofold.
i) We design a type system for a concurrent object-oriented calculus to statically ensure consistency of dynamic reconfigurations.
ii) We define an encoding of the session pi-calculus, which models communication in distributed systems, into the standard typed pi-calculus. We use this encoding to derive properties like type safety and progress in the session pi-calculus by exploiting the corresponding properties in the standard typed pi-calculus.
Complex Distributed Systems Dynamic Reconfiguration Static Analysis Pi-calculus Session Types
- DOI https://doi.org/10.2991/978-94-6239-204-5
- Copyright Information Atlantis Press and the author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Atlantis Press, Paris
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-94-6239-203-8
- Online ISBN 978-94-6239-204-5
- Series Print ISSN 2212-8557
- Series Online ISSN 2212-8565
- Buy this book on publisher's site