Table of contents
Introduction: Rethinking the Public Sphere Through Transnationalizing Processes: Europe and Beyond
Rethinking the Public Sphere: Beyond the National Arena?
Between European Citizenship and Transnational Collective Identities
Inclusion and Exclusion: Addressing the Cultural Other in Europe
About this book
This book discusses the extent to which the theoretical relevance and analytical rigor of the concept of the public sphere is affected by current processes of transnationalization. The contributions address fundamental questions concerning the viability of a socially and politically effective public sphere in a post-Westphalian world.
anthropology climate change European identity European Integration European Union European Union (EU) identity Integration migration Nation public opinion religion transformation Transnational transnationalization
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137283207
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2013
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Social Sciences Collection
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-44894-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-28320-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site