Table of contents
About this book
Approaching Infinity addresses seventeen paradoxes of the infinite, most of which have no generally accepted solutions. The book addresses these paradoxes using a new theory of infinity, which entails that an infinite series is uncompletable when it requires something to possess an infinite intensive magnitude. Along the way, the author addresses the nature of numbers, sets, geometric points, and related matters.
The book addresses the need for a theory of infinity, and reviews both old and new theories of infinity. It discussing the purposes of studying infinity and the troubles with traditional approaches to the problem, and concludes by offering a solution to some existing paradoxes.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137560872
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-56086-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-56087-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors