Table of contents
About this book
- Book Title Ten-Gallon Economy
- Book Subtitle Sizing Up Economic Growth in Texas
Pia M. Orrenius
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137530172
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Nature America Inc. 2015
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook Packages Palgrave Economics & Finance Collection Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-53016-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-57379-0
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-53017-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 248
- Number of Illustrations 65 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Energy Policy, Economics and Management
Macroeconomics/Monetary Economics//Financial Economics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
"Ten-Gallon Economy is a timely volume on the important forces shaping the dynamic Texas economy over the past decade and more. The invited articles touch on the myriad drivers of the state's rapid growth (energy, exports, low taxes), but they also focus on the challenges that need addressing if Texas is to remain vibrant. The volume is not a compendium of Texas boosterism but rather of clear-eyed research and recommendations to assure future economic success for all Texans."
- Kathleen Cooper, Director of International Politics and Economics, Tower Center, Southern Methodist University, USA; former Under Secretary for Economic Affairs, US Department of Commerce; Chief Economist, Exxon Mobil Corporation
"Rather than providing simply an overview of Texas' 'oil economy,' Ten-Gallon Economy examines the people and socioeconomic conditions as well as the energy and non-energy components of the state's economy in the past, present, and future. This book is a must-read that will be both informative and enlightening for anyone interested in how we got here and the road forward."
- Steve Murdock, Allyn and Gladys Cline Professor of Sociology, Rice University, USA; former Director of the US Census Bureau
"We have a responsibility to turn our diversity into strength. The effective deployment of human capital has never offered greater promise than it does today. Ten Gallon Economy outlines the choices we face and the rewards we can fully realize only by addressing our growing education needs. We must always evaluate what our real-world options are; change is the one constant. Ten Gallon Economy's research and analysis provides invaluable insight in these challenging times."
- Renu Khator, Chancellor, University of Houston, USA