About this book
Institutions Incorporated draws together aspects of human and organizational corporeality and links them to institutions. Throughout European anthropology and culture the body has been conceptualized as the 'dark side' to soul and reason. This book explores the 'dark side' of institutions, their materiality and the bodily involvement of their users, in an environment where perfection is measured in intangible entities, notably reason and will. This innovative collection takes a closer look at the interplay of the symbolic and the material, and the triad of institutions, bodies and corporations. This exciting research examines what the tangible, 'dark side' of institutions means both for those who live in them, and those who study them.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Institutions Inc.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137481498
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-48147-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-69417-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-48149-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 147
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Sociology of Work
- Buy this book on publisher's site