About this book
- Book Title Independent Luxury
- Book Subtitle The Four Innovation Strategies to Endure in the Consolidation Jungle
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137481467
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Business & Management Collection Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-48144-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-56336-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-48146-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 252
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
'Independent Luxury is a fascinating exploration of what innovation in luxury means, brimming with examples of producers of luxury that are trying to make it on their own. Anyone interested in the strange world of luxury goods will find enlightenment in this book.' -Brooke Unger, The Economist
'This book on luxury is totally different from others... It is a guide for those who think innovation is the key to understanding luxury. And it is... With this book the reader will access to many strategies to promote innovation as an answer to the present crisis... and a precious tool to penetrate all markets and surprise the customers of the world.'
-Christian Blanckaert, Former executive VP of Hermes International, Visiting professor ESCP-Europe
'This book opened my mind, gave me more knowledge, techniques, and perspectives, so I am better equipped to deal with the world.'
-Lei (Louise) Lei, Deputy Feature Director-Watch & Jewelry, Shanghai Morning Post
'Independent Luxury captures the zeitgeist at a moment when the global consumer is becoming more discerning with their expectations on what constitutes luxury.'
Burak Cakmak, Dean of Fashion, Parsons The New School of Design
'A rare look at the other end of the luxury telescope.'
-Guy Salter, Deputy Chairman, Walpole British Luxury
'I bet here's almost everything you would like to know about the independent luxury. Complex facts and statistics are explained in simple words and conclusions are often unexpected. This worldwide analysis is definitely worth reading. Independent luxury brands, the endangered industry species, surely need to be studied and protected like the Knysna elephant. What elephant, you ask? Open the book!'
-Alexander Vetrov, Chief Editor Armband Uhren Russia; Mercury Group