About this book
A basic income guarantee (BIG) is a payment by the federal government to all adult citizens. This book uses the United States as its model and sets the minimum income at $10,000 USD. Free Money for All seeks to show that not only is a basic income guarantee a feasible model for public policy, it is a morally attractive proposal.
In this exciting new volume, Walker argues that BIG promotes three positive outcomes - social stability, gross national happiness, and gross national freedom - unlike alternate proposals such as socialism, laissez-faire capitalism, and the traditional welfare state. He uses a philosophical perspective to defend BIG against the claim that the promotion of social goals egregiously infringes the requirements of justice. Free Money for All employs a novel twist on the though that BIG can be supported by the idea of a social dividend.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137471338
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-56125-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-47133-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking