Table of contents
Introduction: Global Europa? How, When and to Whom?
EU in Crisis: External Relations and External Perceptions
Perceptions of the EU and Its Crisis: Self-Perceptions and External Perceptions from Georgia, Ukraine, Kenya and Senegal
Conclusion: Looking from the Outside In ≠ Looking from the Inside Out
About this book
This collection examines how the EU is seen in the two regions that are at the centre of its geopolitical interest. Focusing on Eastern Europe and sub-Saharan Africa, it provides a critical assessment of how their external perceptions relate to EU policy towards them.
EU geopolitics external relations external perceptions Ukraine Georgia Kenya Senegal European Neighbourhood Policy development policy crisis lexicometric analysis sub-Saharan Africa Eastern Europe EU policy Eurocentrism financial crisis Europe European Institutions European Neighbourhood European Union (EU) identity Institution Policy
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137405470
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Social Sciences Collection
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-68070-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-40547-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site