Table of contents
About this book
- Book Title Generation Jobless?
- Book Subtitle Turning the youth unemployment crisis into opportunity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137375940
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2015
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Business & Management Collection Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-37593-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-47754-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-37594-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 277
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Corporate Communication/Public Relations
Human Resource Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site
"Dr. Peter Vogel's work on tackling youth unemployment around the world is inspiring and an excellent read. His mission is mine, to lay out a blueprint for those with aspirations and great ideas, so that they can become job creators, wealth creators, and in certain cases, go from unemployed to self-employed."
-John Hope Bryant, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Operation HOPE
'Generation Jobless? is a wonderful read and primer for anyone who cares to make a difference. Truly the best work I have read on the youth labor market crisis and a personal invitation to each and everyone of us to take part in solving the crisis for our children'
-Carsten Sudhoff, Founder and CEO Circular Society AG
'How might we best prepare students for the world of work in the 21st century? This thorough and timely book about the youth unemployment crisis describes interesting possibilities from around the world.'
-Charles Fadel, co-author of 21st Century Skills: Learning for Life in Our Times; visiting practitioner, Harvard University
'The world of work is transforming at a furious, unprecedented pace, and young people are the ones that are hit hardest. This is a truly powerful book that gives us hope that it is not too late to avoid a generation jobless'
-Mike Johnson, Chairman & Founder, the Futurework Forum; author of The Worldwide Workplace: Solving the Global Talent Equation
'Unemployment is casting a shadow over the lives of millions of young people around the world and solutions are complex, requiring the aligned action by multiple stakeholders. In this important and fascinating book Peter Vogel takes a positive and uplifting view of what it takes for a crisis to become an opportunity. Drawing on examples from across the world he shows how education, government and employees can each play their part.'
-Prof. Lynda Gratton, London Business School and author of the book The Shift