About this book
Saving Black Colleges makes clear the challenges, opportunities, and prospects for change historically black colleges and universities now face. Schexnider, the former chancellor of Winston-Salem State University, details what he could and could not accomplish, examines how these issues affect other HBCUs, and outlines a practical way forward.
Alvin J. Schexnider is the president of Schexnider & Associates, LLC. He previously served as the president of Thomas Nelson Community College and as the executive vice president and interim president of Norfolk State University.
higher education hbcus minority-serving institutions boards of governance leadership administration fundraising governance philanthropy educational philanthropy strategies Affect complex learning organization organizations state university
- Book Title Saving Black Colleges
- Book Subtitle Leading Change in a Complex Organization
- Series Title Philanthropy and Education
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137323460
- Copyright Information Alvin J. Schexnider 2013
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook Packages Palgrave Education Collection Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-32584-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-45956-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-32346-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 200
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Administration, Organization and Leadership
Educational Policy and Politics
History of Education
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking
Praise to come.