Table of contents
Introduction: The ‘Return to Europe’ and the Rediscovery of the East
The ‘Return to Europe’ and the Definition of East Central European Foreign Policy Roles in the Eastern Neighbourhood
The ‘Europeanisation’ of Foreign Policy Behaviour or the Reconstruction of the Self?
Conclusion: The Dilemmas in Interpreting Foreign Policy Identity
About this book
How have countries in the EU that were previously under Communist rule influenced the creation of a European policy towards other Post-Soviet nations? This study explores countries including the Czech Republic and Poland and shows how they have helped develop a coherent policy based reconciling political and historical foreign policy identities.
communism Europe European policy European Union (EU) foreign policy participation Policy
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137315762
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2014
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political Science Collection
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-33195-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-31576-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site