About this book
- Book Title Luxury, Lies and Marketing
- Book Subtitle Shattering the Illusions of the Luxury Brand
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137264695
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2013
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Business & Management Collection Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-26468-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-44307-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-26469-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 190
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
'Luxury, Lies and Marketing isn't just one more book about luxury marketing, it's THE book that challenges all the others, thanks to its indispensable critical approach, its capacity for overturning our preconceived notions, the effectiveness of its analytical methods, and its salutary critical spirit.'
- Inma Urream Brand Meaning Management Director, Pompeu Fabra Universitat Barcelona, Spain
'Luxury marketing without a grounding in luxury culture is nothing. This is the point of departure for Luxury, Lies & Marketing. Marie-Claude Sicard offers very innovative analytical tools that all luxury professionals will benefit from in the management of their brands. A stimulating, enlightening book that yields results.'
- Alexandre Peraldi, Design Director, Baume & Mercier
"The concept of a culture de l'écart - a 'twist' or 'swerve' culture that Marie-Claude Sicard advocates is particularly important to us at L'Oréal Luxe. The challenge for us is to apply this principle every day, in the sector we operate in, that of luxury beauty."
-Marc Dubrule, Strategic Development Director, L'Oréal Luxe
"For years now, this book has been circulating discreetly in all the international luxury marketing seminars and workshops. Why? Because it is easy to read, has a lot of substance, and offers an analytic method that is as flexible as it is rigorous. Luxury, Lies & Marketing has become indispensable for anyone wanting to address luxury without keeping to the usual, well-worn paths, but with a constructive, critical approach."
-Agnès Bureau, Program Director of the MA in Luxury Management, Haute Ecole de Gestion, Geneva School of Business Administration