About this book
- Book Title Making Social Technologies Work
- Book Subtitle Leveraging the Power and Managing Perils of Social Technologies in Business
- Series Title Palgrave Pocket Consultants
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137024824
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Business & Management Collection Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-137-02481-7
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-02482-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 294
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Corporate Communication/Public Relations
- Buy this book on publisher's site
"My first thought was 'Oh lord, another Social Media book' but then, I actually read it. This one is worth the time good analysis, good examples, and good advice."
-Vint Cerf, Internet Pioneer
"Many books detail why new technologies are changing business Ronan Gruenbaum refreshingly shows us how organizations can embrace and adopt them."
-Erik Qualman, Pulitzer Prize Nominated Author
"With Social Media comes great responsibility. These networks are communities for building businesses and also for tearing them down. Ronan shows you how to inspire communities to build a meaningful and engaged brand in a new era of connected consumerism."
-Brian Solis, digital analyst; anthropologist; author of What's the Future of Business (WTF)
"Too many businesses from start up to scale-up misunderstand the importance of implementing Social Media correctly. And with thousands upon thousands of ill-informed blogs, articles, and frankly Social-Media-voodoo available on the web, the business world is ready for a simple and effective framework like SITCER to bring reality and experience to the forefront of our professional lives. This is a 'must-read'."
-Chris Howard, Mentor & Adviser, Techstars the world's most successful entrepreneur accelerator
"There are many books that talk about the 'what' of Social Media, but avoid the 'how'. Ronan tackles the latter head on with academic rigour. His framework highlights effectively how to integrate Social Technologies in any organization.'
-Christer Holloman, author of The Social Media MBA
"You will not find a more readable, more comprehensive or more commercially pragmatic guide to Social Technologies. Most useful to business readers, but lots of gems for individuals as well."
-Andrew Campbell, author of more than ten books including Strategy for the Corporate Level (2014) and Think Again (2008)