About this book
- Book Title Meta-Geopolitics of Outer Space
- Book Subtitle An Analysis of Space Power, Security and Governance
- Series Title St Antony’s Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9781137016652
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2012
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political & Intern. Studies Collection Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-230-31445-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-33967-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-01665-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 276
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Military and Defence Studies
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking
'Traditional works of geopolitics have stopped at the atmosphere's edge, grounded in geography, economics and demographics. Nayef Al-Rodhan has expanded classical geopolitical considerations to include societal, health and the environment. In this book, he elevates geopolitics into space. The result is an analysis that challenges our assumptions about power and space power.'
- Michael Krepon, Co-founder of the Stimson Center, Washington, USA
'A welcome 'outside of the box' analysis of outer space, geopolitics and the foundations of space power.'
- Theresa Hitchens, Director of the United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDIR), Geneva, Switzerland
'Dr. Nayef Al-Rodhan's book provides a first rate summary of key aspects of current space policies. It also shows how space adds new and important elements to many policy areas on Earth, but also has a life of its own, as a new field of policy, strategy and geopolitics. Much of the difficulty in grasping space issues derives from this double status.'
- Laurence Nardon, Senior Research Fellow and Head of the United States Program and the Space Policy Program at the Institut francais des relations internationales (IFRI), Paris, France