Table of contents
Does EMU Need Fiscal Rules?
Where Does the Pact Come From?
How Does the Pact Work?
‘Close to Balance or in Surplus’: The Medium-Term Budgetary Targets
Fiscal Policy Coordination Under the Pact
Public Debt Under the Stability and Growth Pact
Were There Possible Alternatives?
About this book
The Stability and Growth Pact (SGP) encompasses the legislative text and political resolutions regulating fiscal policy and public finances in EMU. The contributions in this volume analyse the institutional, legal, theoretical and empirical aspects of the SGP, examine its development and evaluate its main implications. The authors include academic economists, who provide insightful analysis, and policy makers who have contributed to the shaping of the pact and have a direct responsibility for its implementation. This book is the definitive source of reference on the SGP for academics, policy makes and economists.
development fiscal policy growth
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230629264
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2001
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Business & Management Collection
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-42727-7
- Online ISBN 978-0-230-62926-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking