About this book
In the post-Cold war period new security threats have arisen in Western Europe. Amongst these, organized crime and illegal immigration are acknowledged to represent significant security challenges. The European Union and Internal Security analyses the nature of these challenges and investigates how the EU has been evolving to counter them. Written by experts in the fields of political science and law, this book addresses a hitherto neglected area of study.
crime Europe European Union European Union (EU) migration political science
- Book Title The European Union and Internal Security
- Book Subtitle Guardian of the People?
- Series Title One Europe or Several?
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230504387
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2003
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political & Intern. Studies Collection Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-333-96861-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-42864-9
- eBook ISBN 978-0-230-50438-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VI, 203
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
European Union Politics
Military and Defence Studies
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking