About this book
Why did the Cuban Missile Crisis happen? How was it resolved? By focusing on the roles of a number of key individuals, such as JFK, Robert Kennedy and Nikita Khrushchev, and by using recently declassified materials, this book frames answers to these questions. In so doing, it presents a cluster of new findings and arguments, including a fresh interpretation of Khrushchev's motives for putting missiles in Cuba, new information on the mystery surrounding Senator Kenneth Keating's secret sources, and evidence indicating that JFK planned to carry out a military strike on Cuba at the start of the crisis.
Cuban missile crisis Front John F. Kennedy Kennedy, John F.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230374508
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1996
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave History Collection History (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-39384-8
- Online ISBN 978-0-230-37450-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site