Table of contents
Introduction and Background
Coping with Escalating Food Insecurity
Africa’s Poverty Traps and Obstacles to Growth
Civil Conflicts, Wars and Democracy: Will Democracy Inflame or Help to Settle Civil Conflicts?
The Fourth Wave of Democratization: Will Democracy Cement the African Multiethnic Nation State?
About this book
The book evaluates alternative policy options for the African countries to overcome the food crisis and the changing structure of world trade to sustain their impressive growth of the early 2000s.These policies must go beyond economic reforms and seek a solution to the entrenched political problems that divided the continent.
crisis democracy development Industrialisierung poverty trade
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230248489
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2011
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Economics & Finance Collection
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-30188-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-230-24848-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking