Table of contents
About this book
- Book Title Air Transport and the European Union
- Book Subtitle Europeanization and its Limits
- Series Title Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/9780230245389
- Copyright Information Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2010
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Palgrave Political & Intern. Studies Collection Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-0-333-63127-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-39396-1
- eBook ISBN 978-0-230-24538-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 332
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
European Union Politics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking
'A very important contribution to the theoretical debate about European integration and Europeanization ... the definitive account of how European air transport has been deregulated.'
- Martin Staniland, Professor of International Affairs, University of Pittsburgh, USA
"comprehensively researched . authoritative, well written and thoughtful"
- Daniel Calleja, Director for Air Transport, European Commission
' the most comprehensive history of the remarkable transformation of this sector to date; it is also a thorough analysis of the effects of EU politics on its member states and the outside world and a fascinating study of the conditions under which European authorities extended their competences. Anybody who believes that governments and company interests are sufficient to explain the dynamics of economic integration needs to read this book.'
- Cornelia Woll, Research Fellow, Sciences Po Paris, France and Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, Cologne, Germany
" a masterful treatment of the politics of international aviation that will be of great interest to political scientists, lawyers, and practitioners... Scholars will find an original perspective on Europeanization and its wider international context; practitioners will find a compelling narrative about the emergence of a new and powerful actor in international aviation."
- Yannis Karagiannis, Researcher, Institut Barcelona d'Estudis Internacionals (IBEI), Spain