About this book
This book provides an assessment of contemporary international knowledge about the experiences of life after release from prison. For over 100 years people leaving prison have been supervised by probation services, but little has been written about how those who are supervised experience this process, or how this process influences experiences post-release. Research suggests that the success or failure of supervision in terms of reoffending may be related to how it is experienced, but little has been written about how supervision interacts with these experiences. Despite this lack of grounded knowledge, post-prison supervision continues to grow internationally.
This book addresses issues relating to life after release through providing a vision of contemporary life after prison in different social and economic climates from those who are the subjects of this growing and changing form of penal power. An engaging and timely study, this book will be of particular interest to scholars of criminal justice and punishment.
Criminology Penology Punishment Desistance Offenders Probation Release Rehabilitation Supervision
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-349-95118-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Law and Criminology Law and Criminology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-349-95117-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-349-95118-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site