About this book
This book critically analyses the role of the United Arab Emirates Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) in the Suspicious Activities Reports regime. The author pays particular attention to its functions and powers in dealing with Suspicious Activities Reports and relevant requirements imposed upon the reporting entities. In the analysis, the author also compares the United Arab Emirates FIU model to the United Kingdom FIU model.
In addition, the book investigates whether the current United Arab Emirates FIU model complies with the relevant international recommendations developed by the Financial Action Task Force in relation to the establishment of the unit, as well as its powers and functions.
This book suggests that more can be done to improve the current functions and powers of the United Arab Emirates FIU in an international context. Furthermore, the author suggests that the functions and powers of the United FIU model both comply with the international requirements and beneficially extend beyond their directives.
- Book Title Anti-Money Laundering
- Book Subtitle A Comparative and Critical Analysis of the UK and UAE's Financial Intelligence Units
- Series Title Palgrave Studies in Risk, Crime and Society
- Series Abbreviated Title Palgrave Studies in Risk, Crime and Society
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-59455-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-59454-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-93463-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-59455-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIX, 402
- Number of Illustrations 10 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Crime and Society
Financial Law/Fiscal Law
Private International Law, International & Foreign Law, Comparative Law
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking