About this book
This book offers helpful insight and advice on how doctoral students and junior faculty can succeed as an entrepreneurship scholar. It invites them to think entrepreneurially to identify research opportunities, manage the publication process, achieve excellence in the classroom, secure a faculty position, and build a research record worthy of promotion and tenure. Drawing from his experience as a research scholar, editor, review board member, mentor, and reviewer of many promotion and tenure cases, author Dean Shepherd offers strategies and other pieces of advice for navigating the obstacles that can prevent a successful scholarly career.
This book provides an overview and roadmap to help entrepreneurship scholars achieve success, and stimulates thought and discussion for doctoral students and junior and senior faculty to consider as they look to develop the next generation in academia.
Entrepreneurship Research opportunities Teaching publishing Finding a job
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-58996-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-58995-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-58996-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site