About this book
This book argues that a variety of policies will be required to create synergies between the water-energy-food nexus sectors while reducing trade-offs in the development of a green economy. Despite rising demand for water, energy and food globally, the governance of water-energy-food sectors has generally remained separate with limited attention placed on the interactions that exist between them.
Brears provides readers with a series of in-depth case studies of leading cities, states, nations and regions of differing climates, lifestyles and income-levels from around the world that have implemented a variety of policy innovations to reduce water-energy-food nexus pressures and achieve green growth.
The Green Economy and the Water-Energy-Food Nexus will be of interest to town and regional planners, resource conservation managers, policymakers, international companies and organisations interested in reducing water-energy-food nexus pressures, environmental NGOs, researchers, graduate and undergraduate students.
Water Policy Green Economy Water Governance Natural Resources Food Policy Environmental Degradation environmental policy water-energy-food nexus environmental economics green economy
- Book Title The Green Economy and the Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-58365-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-137-58364-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-349-84460-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-137-58365-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 423
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Water Policy/Water Governance/Water Management
- Buy this book on publisher's site