About this book
This book provides an in-depth overview of the most salient aspects of development finance. It critically reviews the current state of relevant literature on this topic and assesses both the challenges and the opportunities presented by the various forms of finance for development.
Chapters from expert contributors examine a range of topics from the link between finance and growth and finance and misallocation, the relationship between financial illiteracy and lack of legal titles on access to finance, to the role of governments in the financial system, the role of overseas development assistance, remittances, microfinance, foreign direct investment (FDI) and stock exchanges on development.
This book offers a good point of reference for postgraduate and PhD students and will appeal to researchers in this field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-58032-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-58031-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-58032-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site