About this book
With contributions from a range of expert scholars in European economics, politics and social policy, this edited collection analyses the crisis in Europe by exploring the structural asymmetries of the Economic and Monetary Union (EMU) and European monetary integration. Structured in two parts, the chapters in this book discuss the impact of the global financial crisis on the Euro area; the failed implementation of the Lisbon Strategy; wage imbalances in the European labour market; the development of EU financial regulation; the Greek debt crisis; and the relationship between Italy and the EMU. The conclusion to the book puts forward a potential way out of the European crisis and argues that the correct measures, thus far, have not been taken to bolster financial stability.
In Europe in Crisis, Talani and her contributors aim to identify the impact of the crisis on the future of the EMU and the EU project as a whole.
Eurozone crisis Economic and Monetary Union European Central Bank Sovereign debt crisis European monetary integration
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-57707-8
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-57706-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-57707-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site