About this book
This book explores Levinas’ phenomenology of ethical motivation. Levinas is grounded in “radical alterity”, the knowledge that ethics exists only when we are fully separate from someone else, allowing us to experience connection with one another. In this book, the author locates this ethics in embodiment, emotions, and imaginations and explores the intersection of aesthetics and education.
Donald S. Blumenfeld-Jones specializes in aesthetics, curriculum theory, arts-based education research, and ethics. He founded ARTs (Arts-based Reflective Teaching), an elementary education teacher preparation program dedicated to aestheticizing the curriculum and making ethics central to both curriculum planning and teaching.
Levinas Embodiment Ethics Aesthetics Moral Imagination aesthetics education Emmanuel Lévinas ethics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-55607-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, New York
- eBook Packages Religion and Philosophy Philosophy and Religion (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-55606-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-55607-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site