Table of contents
About this book
This book is the first ever collection about twenty-first century genre fiction. It offers accessible yet rigorous critical interventions in a growing field of popular culture and academic study, presenting new genres as a fascinating and powerful means of reading contemporary culture.
The collection explores the history and uses of genre to date, analyses key examples of innovations and developments in the field and reflects on how these texts have been mobilised in teaching since the year 2000. It explores a range of new twenty-first century genres through a close reading of key examples, along with a broader critical overview at the beginning of each chapter capturing wider developments, contexts and themes. As a result of this contextual, text-orientated approach, the book promotes a broad appeal beyond the specifics of new genres and authors, and will contribute to a wider understanding of developments in post-millennial fictions.
Gothic Race Voice Utopia Dystopia Novel Cosmopolitan World Global
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1057/978-1-137-55391-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, London
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies
- Print ISBN 978-1-137-55389-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-137-55391-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site