Table of contents
About this book
The three volumes VIII/1A, B, C document the state of the art of "Laser Physics and Applications". Scientific trends and related technological aspects are considered by compiling results and conclusions from phenomenology, observation and experience. Reliable data, physical fundamentals and detailed references are presented.
In the recent decades the laser beam source matured to a universal tool common to scientific research as well as to industrial use. Today a technical goal is the generation of optical power towards shorter wavelengths, shorter pulses and higher power for application in science and industry. Tailoring the optical energy in wavelength, space and time is a requirement for the investigation of laser-induced processes, i.e. excitation, non-linear amplification, storage of optical energy, etc. According to the actual trends in laser research and development, Vol. VIII/1 is split into three parts: Subvolume VIII/1A covers laser fundamentals, Subvolume VIII/1B deals with laser systems and present subvoume VIII/1C gives an overview on laser applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b83824
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-00105-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-36120-6
- Series Print ISSN 1619-4802
- Series Online ISSN 1619-4810
- About this book