About this book
Fibrogenesis: Cellular and Molecular Basis is the first volume to provide a synopsis of the rapid progress that has been documented in fibrogenesis over last couple of years, which significantly enhanced our understanding of the pathomechanisms of fibrotic diseases. Knowledge on molecular and celluar basis of fibrotic diseases has provided opportunities to develop selective and effective gene-based therapeutic options.
The chapters in this book have been selected to provide comprehensive information on fibrogenesis, which is not limited to any specific organ. Individual chapters present mechanisms of fibrotic diseases involving lung, liver, kidney, heart, blood vessels, and more. The relevance and significance of inflammatory cytokines, chemokines, transcriptional factors, fibrogenic molecules, signaling cascade, and matrix remodeling in fibrogenesis are explained in depth, providing the reader with current and updated information.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b137670
- Copyright Information Eurekah.com and Kluwer Academic / Plenum Publishers 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-0-306-47861-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-26476-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site