About this book
This volume presents a complete summary of the author's twenty five years of experience in telescope design. It provides a general introduction to every aspect of telescope design and discusses the theory behind telescope design in depth. Telescope component design is also covered. The book pays particular attention to technologies such as active and adaptive optics, aperture synthesis, holographic surface measurement, infrared signal modulation, wavefront, curvature, and phasing sensors, as well as x-ray and gamma ray imaging. The principles behind these technologies are also discussed with an eye towards their practical applications, resulting in a book that bridges practical telescope engineering and advanced physics theory.
Originally published in Chinese, The Principles of Astronomical Telescope Design is highly regarded by the Chinese astronomical community. This English language version is intended for postgraduate students, engineers and scientists in the fields of astronomy, optics, particle physics, space science and related fields.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b105475
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-88790-6
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-88791-3
- Series Print ISSN 0067-0057
- Series Online ISSN 2214-7985
- About this book
- Industry Sectors