About this book
Computational and Statistical Genomics aims to help researchers deal with current genomic challenges. Topics covered include:
- overviews of the role of supercomputers in genomics research, the existing challenges and directions in image processing for microarray technology, and web-based tools for microarray data analysis;
- approaches to the global modeling and analysis of gene regulatory networks and transcriptional control, using methods, theories, and tools from signal processing, machine learning, information theory, and control theory;
- state-of-the-art tools in Boolean function theory, time-frequency analysis, pattern recognition, and unsupervised learning, applied to cancer classification, identification of biologically active sites, and visualization of gene expression data;
- crucial issues associated with statistical analysis of microarray data, statistics and stochastic analysis of gene expression levels in a single cell, statistically sound design of microarray studies and experiments; and
- biological and medical implications of genomics research.
Expression biopsy cell classification data analysis gene expression genomics image processing information theory microarray pattern recognition signal processing statistical analysis statistics transcription