About this book
Semistructured Database Design provides an essential reference for anyone interested in the effective management of semsistructured data. Since many new and advanced web applications consume a huge amount of such data, there is a growing need to properly design efficient databases.
This volume responds to that need by describing a semantically rich data model for semistructured data, called Object-Relationship-Attribute model for Semistructured data (ORA-SS). Focusing on this new model, the book discusses problems and presents solutions for a number of topics, including schema extraction, the design of non-redundant storage organizations for semistructured data, and physical semistructured database design, among others.
Semistructured Database Design, presents researchers and professionals with the most complete and up-to-date research in this fast-growing field.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b101873
- Copyright Information Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-23567-7
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-23568-4
- About this book